Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Pathetic Day :((

It was a very bad day for me. It is the 4th continuous week of night shift for me at work.

Had to attend a betrothal function of my colleague, so I couldn't get enough sleep during the day. I chose to go traditional for the function, so adorned myself with a saree, it jus took 35 minutes for me too get it tied up properly, and it was a record break. My previous record was 48 minutes.

 

Returned home late after the function and was tempted by a conf chat as usual which took away the entire afternoon. So didn't have a good sleep at all. By the time I went to bed it was almost 2.00pm and I had to getup a couple of times in the middle as my phone was blaring. !!

 

At office it was a hectic day. I am supposed to submit a report tomorrow for which I had to take some details. Of all days my software was taking revenge on me that I was not able to spool the data at all. There is an important meeting tomorrow and we have our Financial Review Meeting too.

 

The other thing that happened was that I sprained my leg very badly while was playing TT. I was about to take a serve when suddenly my sandals slipped. It is paining a lot. :((

 

Worst of all came when I was driving back home. It had rained last night and it was slightly drizzling. I usually drive at 60Kmph if the road is free and early mornings would be fun even to try with high speed. It was a turn and suddenly my vehicle skidded. I couldn't balance it with my leg because my leg was already paining because of the sprain. The most terrific thing was that a Qualis was coming behind me in a very high speed was just a feet away distance, could have hit me badly. Luckily the driver instead of applying breaks steered the vehicle in the opposite side and stopped hitting the median.

 

If the vehicle had hit me, for sure it would have been an awful accident! Thank God who saved me from this mishap.!! [-O<   Overall it was a bad day for me.

 

Hope at least this dawn brings some cheer and happiness in me. I will be meeting my dear friend Ambs and Shy for the first time today. \:D/ \:D/

10 comments:

Heidi Kris said...

Thanks Manoj :)

But saree was in the moring. No saree for ofiz!

Yeah will surely be careful, atleast if not for me for my new vehicle. I wont let it get scratched!!

My new Honda activa - My first luv!!

Heidi Kris said...

Rajiv, the fact was that, there was some carrom powder spilled over the floor..so it really became skaty!!

And Indian roads are not that really bad, atleast the route from my ofiz to home. My normal speed is 40kmph during day and traffic, but nights la 60 easy a pogalam, the roads are literally empty and u get to experience the thrill of driving only then :D
I luv driving!

Akshay said...

sri

easy pogalam all leave it aside ask the man who has had two accidents with this attitude used to drive at nearly a century like an idiot after two major accidents have become a mature driver. Well and all happens for good now just dont be rash. Also nobody plays with high heeled sandals thats y sprain.

Anyways take care and get well soon.

Cheers

Jammy said...

It wasn't such a pathetic day bcoz on the day,
a) u broke your own record
b) u enjoyed attending a betrothal and a conf chat
c) the Qualis guy didn't hit u. It could have been lots worse.
d) you just got a leg sprain due to the TT slip. Nothing closer to my 3-day bed rest when I hurt my back, which was also while playing TT. (Don't ask me how I did that. I was mad enough to play TT from morning till night with breaks only for food)
I know that it is tough, but looking at the brighter side does bring some cheers

Anonymous said...

Hmm...60 is pretty fast! DO be careful! We all have bad days...happens to everyone. You will get one beautiful day to balance all this out! :-) Hope that meet went off well!

Cheers

Heidi Kris said...

@ Aks, i wasnt wearing a heeled sandals. Am perfectly alright today aks :)

@ Jammy,yeah i realise it now.. it was not that very bad day..but i wrote the post with so much frustration that it turned out to be a cribbing one!

@ Krishna,
a. I do abide by traffic rules.
b. I dont wear helmet.
c. Only myself and K7 can understand u standards of speed. For me to drive slow as per your standards, i better park my vehicle aside and start walking so that i will reach the destination faster :P ;) :))

@ Rajesh, yes i did enjoy a very beautiful day! It was an excellent day today.. The meet was wonderful!! Had loads of fun \:D/
<:-P

@ Karthy, hehe thanks :)

Vetty Max said...

@Sri

Mixed Doubles in TT I suppose with you know who. ;) Now I can understand how your leg got sprained.

Thank God you were not hurt in the accident. Hope your vandi is also fine. :)

Heidi Kris said...

K7 - [-x he didnt come that day! I was playing with a gurl. :-s

:) vandi is fine now... but got little scratched :( =((

Ram said...

whos the girl, Sri? ;)

Heidi Kris said...

Ram, avo per Jayashree. Iyengar dhan but "U"! Kalyanam nichayam ayiduthu avaluku ":|"