Saturday, June 04, 2005

I am in a mood to write :D

Thank you dear friends for having patience to read my scribbling ;) :D

I had my M.com exams last week. It was my fourth paper on International Marketing. I had to go for duty on the previous night and that too had to extend my shift, as there was lots of work pending. I came back home only at 6.00am. My exam center was located in one remote corner of Chennai. It takes 45 mins on my new Honda Activa to reach that place from my home. Almost 1½ hour to and fro, which is more than the time I actually write the exams.


Since the last night I had office and reached home late I couldn’t prepare for my exams. Went to exam without any preparation. Also there was a lot of traffic congestion that day that it took me almost an hour to reach the exam hall. With less than half an hour left for the exam to start I did not have any enthu to even flip the pages to jus know the side heading, which I did for other exams.

My exam starts at 2.00pm. I got the answer paper and question paper at 1.50pm. Usually in our university they distribute the question papers 10 minutes early and collect it 15 minutes before time. I don’t know the reason for this weird practice.

I was gazing at the paper for 10 minutes knowing nothing to write. Then decided to scribble something. I chose to finish off the eight marks first and then go for twenty marks. We had to write 3 twenty marks and 5 eight marks.

I finished off the all the 5 eight marks questions within 40 minutes. It was jus 2.45pm and I didn’t know anything more in the paper. The twenty marks questions were straight and I completed the two twenty marks question in another 20 minutes. It was 3.10 pm and I had 1 hour and 50 minutes left. I had almost finished writing my exam in less the time that took for me to reach this place.

I had written only for 20 pages now. I need to fill up at least 10 to 15 more pages to bring it to the count to pass the exams. Believe me or not, usually the correction in Madras university is based on the weight of the paper and not what is written in it. The usual trend is, if the paper has 20 pages written the person gets some marks around 40-45. Unfortunately in PG the pass mark is 50 and not 40. So to score a decent mark of 60 or above I need to write a minimum of 30 pages.
Fortunately or unfortunately I have a bit legible handwriting and my font size is not that very big. I have to write a minimum of 25 to 28 lines per page to fill the page apart from leaving some space for margin.

I had only one twenty-mark question left and I decided to stay in the hall at least till 4.15pm. It was a pretty long time coz one more hour to go for 4.15.
My hands were also paining. So I stopped writing for sometime and started decorating my paper with all lines and underlining. All the jigina work finished and even then I had 45 mins left for 4.15. I gazed a little through the window and suddenly got an idea.

I started writing the twenty marks question. The question read – "State the importance and Advantages of International Trade". I started with writing the meaning of International trade, then gave my own definition for International trade and again went blank.

Then taking my usual route to scribble something I started to squiggle some nonsense that came to my mind.

I wrote something about Coke and Pepsi starting factories in India, then went to scribble something regarding the quality of products which made me write about the finding of worms in Cadbury’s chocolate to the insects in coke can. Then scribbled my experience in working with an MNC, right from the TT practice given for us and badminton matches held to the canteen facility to the management friendliness towards the employees to take them for outing, where I also elaborated on my trip to Kodaikanal with my office. I also scribbled something about exports of spices and tea leaves which I saw people in Kodai do.

This reminds me of one event. When I was in my 6th standard (guess so) once in my social studies exam I didn’t know the answer for a question. It was a history question and so I had a chance to blabber something. I wrote some nonsense about so king invasion and stuff. When I received my answer script, my Social science teacher had made a remark on the paper. He had written "DON’T BLUFF" right across the answer and the only thing he didn’t do was to throw the paper on my face. I thanked him that he did not make me read aloud my answer to the class.

Coming back to exam suddenly I remembered that I had to go to my uncles house after my exams gets over. He is staying near Tambaram. On the way to Tamabaram there is a place called MEPZ – Madras Export Processing Zone. When I remembered this I started writing something on MEPZ. I gave the details and address of MEPZ and went to the extent of stating the bus number from Mylapore to MEPZ. (I am not kidding!!).

Suddenly when I saw my watch to my surprise it was 4.30pm and I had written more than 36 pages. Wondering on my own writing skills I handed over my paper to the invigilator and came out of the hall praying for the well being of the person who is going to read my paper.

CAUTION: Ignore reading this article. Ur clarity level of understanding will improve going thru this!! ;) Hahahahaha!!

12 comments:

Akshay said...

Madam Writing Blog Helps in Exams Too !!!

Heidi Kris said...

Hahaha aks, but will it be helpful in getting marks and passing exams?

Akshay said...

Yes as long as you have written something sane enough or rather should i say if the examiner dosent loose his sanity reading you story then 20 full marks guaranteed :P

Heidi Kris said...

Pray ur words come true aks :P [-O< ;)

Ram said...

am sending ur blog link to all the madras university profs! :))

Heidi Kris said...

Ram pls do so! Atleast then let see if the standard of education improves!

arethusa said...

hahahaha! Good one, Sri! :)

Heidi Kris said...

Thanks shy :)

Kris! :-s

sensiblystoned said...

Haha, I second arch storms thoughts on madras university, a proud (yeah rite) madras university product.

Heidi Kris said...

Thanks Manoj and Stone:P ;) for dropping by :)

At times this practise of our Univ are yes a bit helpful for students like me to pass :D

Jammy said...

I'm one of those people who never acquired the skills of writing in detail:( I always found that my classmates wrote twice the number of pages that I wrote. Maybe that's why I couldn't score much in any subject except Maths.
-Another Madras University product

Heidi Kris said...

Lol ram!!

@hehe Rajesh! My longest is 44 pages when i was in B.Com IIyear and believe me I scored 86 marks in that exam!! :D

Hopefully I should clear this exam too! Results will be out only by July end. [-O< Keeping fingers crossed till then!!