Sunday, May 29, 2005

Celebrations!!

It was a memorable weekend in my life.

Saturday I had a compulsory party at office. My manager had hosted lunch at Hotel Bervery. Had a nice time there. I was able to meet one of my ex-colleague during the lunch. He had happy news to share with me. He is getting engaged on 8th of June and I felt happy for him. After the lunch party, my manager was generous in sponsoring tickets for the movie "Kanakanden". Not an excellent movie.
It was already 6.00pm when the movie got over. I had to rush back home as I was leaving for Banglore that night :D

I planned to take a train but couldn’t get a ticket, so decided to board a bus.
Reached home by 7.00pm and finished my dinner. Left home at 8.00pm and reached one of my friend’s house. He then dropped me at the bus terminus. Was chatting with him till the bus started.

I had to bribe the bus conductor for having given me a corner seat because I had not reserve my ticket. Got my ticket and within 5 minutes started sleeping. When I woke up it was 5.50am and I was very close to Banglore and was eagerly waiting to meet my friends. The bus reached Banglore Majestic terminus at 6.35am. Got down and called one of my friend Vasudha aunty ;) :P she was so sweet because she told that she would come and pick me up. Also called one of my friend Pradeep, an excellent flute artist, but unfortunately couldn’t reach him. His number was busy early morning. GOK with whom he was chatting early morning. ;) :P

I was very happy as I was going to meet Vasudha for the first time. We had only virtual meeting before that in Yahoo conference chats. After a lot of description about me and my dress color at last I identified Vasu. It was great to see her personally. We took an auto and reached her home. I had my own imagination about Vasu but she was 100% different.

We reached her home and I relaxed a bit. Was chatting with her. Then she prepared breakfast. Pongal, Katrika gotsu and Bonda. It was excellent. It was a great time when her husband also joined and they were sharing their early days of married life's experiences.

After breakfast I called my other friends Chetna and Sunayana. Chetna then came to Vasu’s house and we went roaming streets of blore. We had a plan to meet for lunch at Utsav. We had about half an hour to do little shopping. I wanted to pick a card for my friend Karthik. It was his birthday. We were asking our way to the restaurant to two strangers. They were strangers to me but to my surprise one of them addressed me with my name. I was taken aback. Then she asked me if I remembered her. She was Priya, my school senior when I was 2nd standard I guess. I was a bit notorious gal when at school. :P ;) so all people in my campus was familiar with my face and knew me by name. :D. I felt ashamed that I was not able to recollect who she was ever after she told me who she was.

It was 12.00pm and we reached Utsav. Few of my friends had already arrived there. We were able to spot a prominent figure Sunayana. Then others were Karthik Manohar, Raja, Pradyumna, Raghuram (was a real shock for me when I came to know that he was the guy with Madhavans photo on his orkut profile.) and Madhavi. We had a small intro session because it was the first time I was meeting all of them.

Myself and Chetna wanted to surprise Karthik with a small gift so asking Prady to lead us to Sweet chariot a cake shop. We walked down to buy him a cake. When we came back found that more people had assembled. The new ones were Vasu, Parinatha aka Daya (Prady sis), Krishna, a guy working in Motorola (poor memory) I couldn’t get his name properly. So there were totally 12 people including me. Poor chap Karthik was made to give us his birthday treat. I ate Sweet corn soup and Pudina ka kulcha. We also had Babycorn Manchurian as starters :P ;).

After a heavy lunch we had a photo session. Few had to go back home so rest of us – Me, Kris, Chetna, Daya, Sunu , Raghuram and Karthik went to MG road for little shopping. Kousthub (at last got his name) the Motorola guy dropped Chet, Daya and Sunu at MG Road Barista and Kris was so sweet that he gave me a lift on his super fast ;) :P Yamaha. It was a pleasant drive as it was slightly drizzling. We reached Barista at around 3.45pm and others were waiting there for us. By the time we reached there they had finished one round of Tea and coffee.Then Karthik’s two friends Manisha and Vinay also arrived. Karthik had to buy us coffee too. :) ;) :P.It was so nice of him.

After a small chat we then went for shopping. I wanted to purchase a keychain and a saree for my mom. Krishna gifted me that key chain and then we went to Deepam and purchased a saree.

It was around 6.00pm. Then we took few snaps and others except me, Kris and Sunu left. Kris was feeling hungry so we went to Madras coffee house. It started raining and we had a lengthy chat there. My brother wanted me to visit the MTR tiffin house so we decided to go there for dinner. Me and Sunu reached MTR in an auto and Kris came there in his bike. To our disappointment the tiffin time was over and we were asked to wait for half n hour for meals. One of Sunu’s dearest friends ;) :P was leaving abroad so she had to leave for airport.

After a very good dinner at MTR Kris drove me to bus Stand and was such a wonderful and caring guy that he waited till I got a bus. It was around 10.30pm when I got a bus and poor chap he reached home by 11.00pm. Once again bribed the conductor to get me a seat, as I had not reserved my ticket. It was 11.10pm when the bus started and as usual I fell asleep as soon as the bus started. When I woke up it was 5.30am and I had reached Poonemalli. Reached home at 7.30am and had to rush to office at 9.30am.

It was such an excellent trip and a memorable one.

9 comments:

Akshay said...

Hey Sri

A comprehensive write up also which conveys you really did enjoy your trip. Hope you will make one trip in december also ;).

Ram said...

bribe x( - onakkellaam Indian thaathaa thaan seri! :|

looks like u had a good trip, otherwise!

Jammy said...

Most of your narrations present detailed descriptions on the food that u have. u shuld be really interested in food :P
Wondering when I'll get to meet all these people who are still only names and text to me :(

Vetty Max said...

Sri...Kr1s has a really great bike right.:P

I miss pongal and gothsu.

Heidi Kris said...

Thanks Kris and Aks!

Ram first vangaravana nirutha sollu nanum Kudukaradha nirutharen :P ;) :|

Hehe yes K7, Kris bike rocks! ;)

Ram said...

Sri- i was serious!! lanjam kodukardhum thappu vaangardhum thappu...avan vaangaraannaa avan padikala, avan sambaadhikara kaasu pathala nu 1000 reasons tharalaam(which is wrong too)....nee koduthathukku is there one good reason? except that u bought comfort at the discomfort of someone else! Jananaayaga naadu ma India!

Jammy said...

well said minimal ego.

Heidi Kris said...

Ram, I dont want to justify what i did. I accept what i did was wrong, but i had no choice. Ram am not joking, u know what, the person selling the tickets in the counter was right royally asking bribe. He said ticket cost was Rs.190/- and we had to give Rs.100/- extra for some tathkaal for which no bill or receipt would be given. It is clear that he is asking for bribe.
I thought giving Rs.20/- to the conductor was the better option.
Ram, i did not buy the comfort at the cost of discomfort for anybody else. The person who had already booked the ticket had cancelled it at last minute. So there was a seat vacant in the bus. If i did not travel, someone else(unreserved passenger like me) would have gone or the seat would have been vacant only.
Pray i be forgiven! [-o<

Ram said...

hmmm