Thursday, April 28, 2005

Panama Padipa?

After a great mental conflict I chose to avail leave today.With less than couple of days left for my exams I started getting ready to go for work, but then suddenly this question came up in my mind, to which should I give more importance, money or my studies? If its money, then I should go to work, but I decided it’s my studies. I am losing jus few hundred bucks by not going to work today, but then wont I lose my mental peace had I chose to go to work? I have not yet prepared for my exams. I have to burn the midnight oil to complete my portions even if I start studying today. Thank God. I took a right decision at least this time!

Of late I start looking back at my decisions and at times wonder if I should start regretting for those. I don’t know if those were taken in a hasty moment. With a decent good mark in my 10th standard, and more than 90% in both Science and Mathematics, I should have chosen Science stream as my career, instead I took commerce, which I think was the worst ever decision I had made. Fairing well in my +2 and with worth for nothing certificate of School topper, it was another wrong decision to choose CA as my profession. At least I should have finished my graduation from a decent college and then should have taken up CA, but the worst thing happened when I got thru my CA-Foundation with a rank which made me do my graduation through distance Education and join for Article ship which was nothing less than a 3 years stern imprisonment. :(

All my decisions have ruined my life. Today, after completing my articles I couldn’t sit idle at home, which again made me to take up a job. To say good things do happen at times with bad decision my first job after my first interview made me land at my Dream Job. The only consolation I have is my job. But then again after getting my dream job have I become more complacent?? I am not sure; the zeal to study has come down in me. The worst thought of “After-all I have my job in hand” has started growing in me. I have started seeing money, which I think is becoming a stumble block for my progress in career.

I am not sure what is happening within me, but after my struggles in life I have come up with two verdicts: “Fate and Luck – exists!” and “CA SUCKS!!!!”

4 comments:

Akshay said...

No Verdicts

Everything happens for a reason.

Good luck with ur exams now stop cribbing and continue with ur studies :P

Ram said...

yes...no point in cribbing. Decisions made cannot be changed...try n make sure that the decisions-to-be are made well. Sri- do things that give u satisfaction...dont think too much about what will happen in the long run...it isnt very easy to predict things...give it ur best and hope for the best to happen.

Heidi Kris said...

Ram n Aks,

Thanks for ur wishes :)
Hope i shud post something happy after my exams!!!

Vetty Max said...

Sri despite all your bad decisions, you did get a job you liked right. :) As Ram and Aks have told, you can't change the past, so the best way forward is to get on with life.

All the best for your exams. :)