Monday, April 25, 2005

Secured in Life?

Does education or money gives us a sense of security? For me it’s a big NO! Then what else would give me a secured feeling? I thought for a while and the answer that repeatedly came to my mind was only my parents, brother and my friends. No matter how many degrees we hold or how much money we have earned, when we fall sick, we tend to cry for warmth of our beloved.

Now a day’s people are very cautious about our country's population and hence have started to adhere to the “One Family - One Child” policy. But then, what will that child do in future, when he has a huge bank balance, a posh bungalow but no one around him to enjoy his wealth or no one to support him when he is losing his health? Can we earn good people with money? It’s only our relatives and true friends who come to support us when we are not well. Thank God I have got a wonderful brother and a great set of good friends who are there to take care of me in future, but then what about others who have no siblings and good friends??

4 comments:

Akshay said...

Oye! :P

I dont contest the fact that having a bro or a sis is good but ppl like me are also having a good time and no such insecurity in the future. Yes i agree a secure feeling is mainly got by hoping the good ppl around you will be there for you even in your worst times.

Frankly for ppl like me who dont think too much and dont make 5 year plans i am not sure if we get this feeling of insecurity. We just live like "Everything happens for a reason" :P

Jammy said...

If it's about having siblings or friends, then no one would feel insecure as every person would have his/her circle of friends.
On a lighter note, it feels funny to think that relationships like "chittappa", "periyappa" etc will make no sense in the future as everyone is goes for the single child concept.

Heidi Kris said...

Jammy,u have got the point right. If the same trend continues then may be two generations from now wont know the values of relatives. It would become a more mechanical and commercial life :(

Ram said...

Sri! oru thagaval solradhillayaa, blogging resume panninaa!!!? anyways, welcome back...
this article- romba correct. I dont know if i get this feeling bcos things arent going exactly great for me as of now...but i guess, i want to feel this way throughout and mustn't change the way i think when i become a little successful in life.