Friday, November 17, 2006

ufff...

Past few days have been really tough for me. I have hurt so many people whom i love the most and for whom i care a lot, but i also expect them to understand my position and state of mind, before they could say or act in a way that would provoke me to shout at them. Anyways, Im truly sorry for having done like that.

Its really painful when you are loaded with huge responsibilities to handle and have very less time in hand. You can't put in your 100% or apply your mind to think without taking decisions emotionally... may be i should say atleast I was not able to be like that who could handle crisis.

An incident that happened yesterday is still bothering me. I was driving in the beach road (In my usual speed of 50 kmph). I didnt notice this guy who was coming in the same road from the University signal till the Gandhi statue signal. Since the road was relatively free of traffic i was jus enjoying my ride, but when this guy kept honking i just gave him an evil stare and didnt bother much about it. But after the Gandhi statue signal since it started drizzling slightly i increased my speed and wanted to reach home before it starts raining heavily. The signal was still red, but this guy kept honking behind me to give him way, I didnt move a bit adamantly, and just sped when the signal turned green. I was driving at 60 kmph that time, and this guy wanted to overtake me so he increased his speed and tried chasing me. I didnt want to take risk so gave him the way, that idiot, should have been happy about that, instead he turned back to prove he was superior and gave me a girls-can-never-overtake-guys stare! Bang!!!! Stupid, its drizzling and would someone speed when its raining? He didnt notice the pit in the road and tried to apply a sudden break, the bike skid and he fell down badly and had a bad head injury. I was feeling bad, that indirectly i was the cause for that. All i could do was jus to call up an ambulance and ensure that he was attended to and left the place as it had started raining heavily and i was worried if my certificates would get wet! I dont know what i did was inhuman .. but felt sorry for that fool who didnt even know how to drive!

Also realised that one should not drive if their mind is wandering somewhere. Would have been caught by the police thrice since last 2 days. Once i didnt notice the signal, second time forgot that the road had lane traffic rules to be followed and the third time, crossed the stop line after realising that signal turned yellow! My luck.. all the three times escaped without being fined.

7 comments:

Krishna said...

wear helmet and go slow!

Heidi Kris said...

Wear helmet? No chance! :P
go slow?? Will try ;)

Siva said...

careful.. (am trying to stay away from unsolicited advice) All I can say is guys will be guys and will realise things very late.

p.s. am not stupid enough to do stunts like these but have been there b4 in school days ;)

Harish said...

Oh cmon...Whats with this wearing helmet thing? And yes...that guy deserved what he got. In a way he seemed to volunteer for it

meghjanmi said...

Sri..do be careful whilst driving..put all ur cares away then..
What u did was the only right thing u cud have done,no point in waiting any further..hopefully this incident will make him cautious too..

Unknown said...

LEARNING FROM HAPPENING
a) As u said, person should relax b4 going for drive with clear mind.
b) Should follow the traffic rules.
c) For the guy in the case, god gives him a chance for his live to become a good citizen.

Hope am right.

sophist said...

Sri, neeyum didnt follow traffic rules :P
AFAIK, speed limit is 40 kmph in chennai :P

Drive safely! :)